vrijdag 24 februari 2017

Birthday Banner

Did you know it was my birthday +/- a weeks ago? Yes it was, so I wanted to decorate our house with a small decoration item. I made these two little tags. Actually I bought the paper roses (in 'Hema') and decorated them with the new 'Newton Loves Cake' stamp & die set from Newton's Nook Design.               * Wist je dat het mijn verjaardag was +/- een week geleden? Ja echt wel, dus ik wilde onze huis versieren met een kleine decoratieve items. Daarom maakte ik deze twee kleine labels. Eigenlijk kocht ik deze papieren rozen (in de 'Hema') en versierd ze met de nieuwe 'Newton Loves Cake' stempel en matrijs set van Newton's Nook Design.


On Newton's Nook Facebook page someone asked me if I could explain how I color the stripes on my cats with Copic Markers. I try to explain briefly:               * Op Newton's Nook Facebook pagina vroeg iemand me ik kon uitleggen hoe ik de strepen op mijn katten kleur met Copic Markers. Ik probeer het hieronder kort uit te leggen:

First I color my cat (on the example it isn't done). After that it's important to wait a little bit till your image is dry. This ensures the stripes are not bleeding (Copic Markers doesn't really bleed, but it's just to be sure). Next it's time for the stripes. As you can see on the left of the picture I go from long stripes till a point. Further (see the right side) I follow the shape of Newton's head; you can see the lines make little curves.               * Ten eerste kleur ik mijn kat (op het voorbeeld deed ik het niet). Daarna is het belangrijk even te wachten tot je afbeelding droog is. Dit zorgt ervoor dat de strepen worden niet bloeden (Copic Markers niet echt bloeden, maar het is gewoon om zeker te zijn). Vervolgens is het tijd voor de strepen. Zoals je kan zien aan de linkerkant van het de foto tekening lange strepen tot een punt. Verder (zie rechts) volg ik de vorm van Newton's hoofd; je kunt zien de lijnen maken kleine bochtjes maak.


I hope you thought this was interesting and liked my little banners. I'm in love with this stamp set!               * Ik hoop dat je dit interessant vond en van mijn kleine versiering houd. Ik ben alvast verliefd op deze stempel set!

http://www.newtonsnookdesigns.com/newton-loves-cake-die-set/ http://www.newtonsnookdesigns.com/newton-loves-cake/

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Ze zijn enig Ellen! Ja...en verliefd ben ik hier ook op, zo'n toffe stempelset. Helaas niet gewonnen met hoppen...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Well happy belated birthday my friend! Your design is STUNNING!! :) TFS!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. So fun! I love the added details of the glossy frosting and the polka dots on the cupcake wrapper! Perfect for a birthday celebration!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen